Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Are Our Students READI...?







As many of you who have some form of online component in your class know, at times students sign up for an online or hybrid course and then realize, "Uh-oh...I don't feel very prepared...," then other actions sometimes follow - dropping/not passing, etc. So, if you would join me in taking a look at a readiness assessment, perhaps we could engage in dialogue about the usefulness of it. The assessment is entitled, READI (Readiness for Education at a Distance Indicator). Currently, VCT (Virtual College of Texas) is paying for this service and has made it available for its members. Without giving you a biased opinion, I would like you to take the test and provide me with some feedback. I've taken it as well, but will wait for you to do so, before I give my own perspective.
The assessment is located at the link below:
http://marshalltstc.readi.info/

Thank you,

Bryan M

No comments: